Monday, August 18, 2014

Finally Another PET!!!!

Yesterday, I was thinking all about getting a hamster, I didn't want to mention it to my parents. I thought maybe they would say that I should stop focusing on getting a pet, I already know I should've stopped thinking about it.
          My dad found out after I was done playing piano, he saw me looking at the clock once in a while, looking miserable. Then he realized it was Sunday. He knew that all these days when ever I had a chance to go to 'pet world' I would go, always hoping there were new baby hamsters so that my mom could agree. [She said that it's best to have baby ones because they have just started a new life and they will live longer.] Then he asked " You want to go and take a look at 'pet world' and see? ". [I thought it was very nice of him to ask] I nodded my head and told him that I've been wanting a new hamster ever since my Marshmallow said good-bye. He understood that this was the time that kids wanted pets.
           We talked about it with my mom, she didn't have 1 concern. She told me that I could have any hamster I wanted, I was soooooo happy! Though she did say that we should call first, every time we went there no new baby hamsters. I called and they said there were only new fancy hamsters. Then I thanked her and I told my mom. Then she said Daddy would take Me, Nathan, and Grandpa to the pet store. She would have gone, but she has a meeting. I lay there on the bed, still and quiet. I spoke up and told them quietly in english that, Grandpa would always complain and he would scold and yell at me! I started to get all teary eyed, just talking about him made me cry! Sometimes old people don't really care about what the kids want, they just think about the kids needs and never really play with them! Well that's the problem with the "pa's". My Grandmas are the people that understand me more. I love both of them! They always make sure you stay happy! That is why you need both grandparents to take care of you.
            After, we decided that we would get the robo, or dwarf. We sneaked outside without Grandpa knowing, and we got on the car. Once I got there I hopped out the car and dashed into the store. I was really happy! [Especially because grandpa didn't come with us, I was really glad that didn't happen.] Nathan always wanted to go and look at the fish, I don't know why he likes them, but if he wants to see them we just need to find any near by pet store. There were a few kids holding reptiles in one corner, I held a baby turtle. It was really nice. It was great we were just on time to go to feature creature. They were doing it about salamanders, we got to learn why they are bright colored and learned about their habitats. We also got to touch them, they were slimy and my little brother thought it was funny. My dad didn't touch it because he didn't want to get his hands dirty. Then we finally got to choose our pet hammy! I asked for a robo, but all of the robo hamsters had jumped from the staff member's hand. She wanted me to get the last dwarf hamster so they could get new dwarf hamsters. Then I remembered that the call said there are new baby fancy hamsters. So, I decided to get a fancy hamster. I know that they will grow big, but I still got the small one. She put the hamster in a box, we got in the car. She kept on poking her nose out of the air holes. It was funny.
              I got home opened the door to the kitchen, my grandpa just stared. We got home and my face lit up when I went into my mom's room. She looked sooooo suprised! We opened up the box in her cage and she looked at the hamster, she was so happy! I was glad, though she wasn't finished with her meeting. You can tell it's an online meeting. And when she was done she was delighted! My dad was talking in the kitchen with my grandpa, he was angry because we got another hamster. " That's why we didn't take you! " He told my grandpa. We thought of the name Hershy, but my mom said maybe we could name her Reese's, and I said maybe Kit-Kat. That made my mom think of chocolate and she let every one have 2 pieces. We decided to name her Hershey. And we talked about her for the rest of the day.
               This was one of the best days! I hope you liked the story.

Blog Archive