Dear Sophie,
This is yourself from the past. I have just read the letter from myself that I wrote on 10-12-16. I'm 12 now and Nathan is 8. Becoming 12 means having more responsibilities and you have also spent your first year in New Jersey. You still miss Kansas very much and hope to always visit often, but you feel like New Jersey is also your home now. The family always goes to church and you have joined Youth Group. You have changed your mind completely about PCC and feel like it is a bigger step to help grow your relationship with Jesus and becoming a better Christian. 7th grade is going ok and you moved into a giant new house since the last letter.
PCC is great and the Youth Pastor is Pastor Josh. He's so funny and makes Youth Group a little bit more enjoyable. There are so many fun games to play at Youth Group and over the summer, you've had a sleepover at church and gone on a field trip to a laser tagging place. The people there are really nice and many of them already know my name. I can't explain how fun it is to have Christians around you that you can have fun with. Mommy also became the coordinator of the VBS at PCC which was pretty cool. You got to oversee the process of creating the groups of children and enjoy interacting with them. I was able to get Sandra to go to church and she liked it very much. I hope that by this point in time, you have a solid relationship with Christ.
Along with the Christian topic, you are really worried about CWC. Daddy has no job and Mommy got in a car accident. At this rate, you don't have a 7th grade yearbook and probably won't even be able to make it to CWC. You're scared to ask your parents, because if you do, and the answer is no, then you will start crying like crazy. In my heart, I know that I won't be able to go, but if I wait to ask, I can save myself from a little extra
pain.