Dear Sophie,
This is you from the past. You are 11 years old right now. Nathan is 7 years old, Mommy and Daddy are still young, and Daddy only has 1 white hair so far. You just moved from Kansas and still miss Kansas very much. You can't wait for CWC in Kansas City. Right now you and Mommy keep a journal and write notes to each other, but don't use it very often. Daddy takes you and Nathan to Mathnasium every Tuesday and Thursday. The family goes to church on Sunday and Friday at PCC and you pray 3-4 times a day. You also think PCC is horrible compared to LCEC. Mommy works from home and Daddy works in Branchburg. Right now the family is happy together.
11 year old Sophie goes to LMS and your doing good. You are doing good in all your classes, you get your homework done on time, and your making lots of friends. Family and Consumer Sciences is your favorite subject and Chorus is your 2nd favorite. Math is a good level for you, Science is pretty boring(, but sometimes interesting), Language Arts is teaching you how to become a much better writer and is inspiring you to write this letter, and you also have Social Studies which has lots of fun hands on activities. School has been in session for 1 month now and you have had Picture Day. You wore the dress with the golden glittery heart that says love and an all black bottom skirt part. They had lots of experience and preparation at this school. Much more efficient than Kansas and Maryland. School is good so far.
You miss your church friends in Lawrence VERY much. They email you everyday and you email them back. You guys want to go to CWC so bad that they've created a countdown. PCC is much more efficient, but the bible study content is not as good. The people in Lawrence are nicer too. Southwest would've been fun since DingDing would've seen you everyday. The BIGGEST thing your worried about is the summer time. They will probably have much more fun in Lawrence while you have to stay in New Jersey.
Your a pretty decent good baker so far for your age, but I'm sure you've gotten a lot better since you were 11. You really wish you could make treats and bring them to the kids at the hospital and make them happy, or do a bake sale. You probably have a Kitchen Aid Stand Mixer, have made macarons, and made sponge cake too! I think you might be in a cooking club right now or something like that. I hope your still baking!
I hope you haven't thrown away your baby blanket yet. I think your probably going to keep it for your entire life and I hope you do. I also want you to keep the baby whale stuffed animal. I still have my box full of stuff you did when you were in Kindergarten and 1st Grade and probably some of the other grades too. I've still kept the little bag of pictures that were taken in China. Right now our Berenstain Bear book collection is still there. Mommy hasn't took as many pictures and printed them out, but she still takes some and keeps them on her phone.
Jeremiah 29:11 For I know the plans I have for you,” declares the Lord, “plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future."
Stay happy,
Sophie from 10-12-16
PS- Don't forget to write one for your future self