Tuesday, May 31, 2016

CWC #2

           Once again we were going to another camp to study about the bible and this time only a few of the our church families came. My family came, Ding Ding and Lily's family came, Luna and her mom came, and Joshua's family came. I should probably start with the road trip......

          We were all packed up with everything on the car and we went to an apartment place to go pick up Unice. She is a very kind woman and brought the life of everything in the car. I was impressed by her knowledge of the highways we were driving on. Most highways seem the same to me. Well, we dropped by McDonald's to get some dinner since we were running late and couldn't get to the camp's dinner in time. {Also, the reason why we were late is because my dad had a meeting and the time changed from 2:00 to 4:00.} Anyway, back with McDonald's. We ordered 20 chicken nuggets in 2 10 chicken nugget boxes, lots of fries, and 2 quarter pound cheeseburgers. We had to get that many chicken nuggets since they are so good! And funny thing about the fries, I ate Unice's since she didn't want them. We headed back on the road, met up with Unice's husband, took a few wrong turns, and finally got there.

           After we found where our cabin was, we parked our car to the nearest spot that was left. Then we headed straight to classes since we were 1 hour late. I headed into the kids place and found out that I had to be in YOUTH!!!! I was terrified when I got in there, everyone was so old and I was so YOUNG!!!! When everyone started talking they all had low voices except for Ding Ding. We were in the middle of the movie and I was so shaky and afraid to say anything until Ding Ding started playing cards with the other kids and they all seemed nice to a person like Ding Ding, so why not. I was still unhappy about the arrangement I was in, but I didn't know what was going to be ahead of me. We unpacked all our stuff and got ready for sleep and I was still worried about Youth.

          Then it was morning and probably one of the most interesting things happened that morning. The adults had 30 min. for morning prayer so the kids were in the kid's place playing and waiting. There Luna and Joshua and I were talking and it was so much fun! That morning we also made friends with these 2 boys Jerry and Jacob. Jacob was so cute! He was 6 or 5 years old and he was also really nice. Jerry liked me from the beginning and only admitted he like me  on the last day. If you wanted to know, they looked exactly alike, Jerry was older and he was 9, Jerry hates rice, they both love sports, Jacob loves fries, and Jerry loves fruit. Funny thing was he sat at our table and we already knew each other, but our parents just got to know each other. My mom was surprised that we already knew each other, but I guess it was in God's plan. We talked a lot and I was so relieved that the breakfast was good. I just had to wait for lunch to make my decision if the food was bad or not. Next class session here we come.

          This time Ding Ding, and Lily were there. I guess they're just deep sleepers, but anyway Jacob and Jerry hung out with us now. Now they were like BFFs. Youth had to do bible studies and the little kids sat there and played. That morning we also went outside and we found out there was a seesaw! I was so happy!! I played there for such a long time and then we had to go inside. Then of course there was lunch and I decided that the food here was AMAZING!!!!

          There were tons of other classes and were pretty much all the same, so I'll just tell you about what happened at break time/nap time/quiet time. Since Jerry and Jacob's family and Ding Ding and Lily's family had to sleep, Me, Luna, and Joshua talked the whole time since we weren't sleepy. It was so fun! Then, we had about another hour to do whatever we wanted and then class came again. Then dinner and then class then dessert, then sleep. Here's the basic schedule of the whole day.


6:50 Wake up and prep
Morning Prayer
8:30 Breakfast
9:00 Class Session #1
12:?? Lunch
1:30-2:30 Break time/Nap time/Quiet time
4:30 Class Session #2
??:?? Dinner
??:?? Class Session #3
9:50 Dessert
SLEEP


          That's our basic schedule and people come around ringing bells so that we know when to do this and what time it is. Most of the stuff is pretty much just like the Winter Retreat CWC. Every thing was so nice there. The next day is was my turn to set up the tables for lunch. It was Me, Ding Ding, Daniel, and Tracy. That day lunch was the best lunch ever! We had pasta/so-called noodles, and the most delicious cause came with it! It had meat, tomatoes, and something else. Well, that day for Break time/Nap time/Quiet time, us 3 took videos and selfies with a selfie stick and Josh's mom's phone.

          It was so much fun and I want to come here again next year. That's it. Whew.

10-6-16
Now i am in New Jersey and i am not able to go anymore.

2-20-17
I got to see everyone again in Kansas at Winter Conference!!! Jacob and Jerry were there and I miss them too. I wish I could stay in Kansas for the rest of my life :(


Blog Archive